Stefan Brüggemann invites the audience to participate in a series of yoga sessions throughout the duration of his solo exhibition at the gallery. Located in his most recent installation ‘Hyper-Palimpsest’ entirely developed on site, each session is an occasion for the audience to engage with the work in a different way.
Surrounded by imposing layers of black text, participants will join an experience that weaves breath-work with movement. Centred around Prāṇāyāma, a yogic discipline characterised by deep breathing techniques with origins in ancient India, the sessions will be designed as a meditative journey through the artist’s work.
The teacher, Vanessa Joy Bridgman, is a yoga professional based in London. Trained in Hatha’s traditional lineage, she incorporates the dynamism of Vinyasa roots and revisits traditional asana (postures). Each class begins and ends with stillness, cultivating a mindfulness and compassion and to all that is encountered in-between.
- Please make sure that you complete this Health Questionnaire before attending the class. Limited printed copies will be available at the venue.
- Free Event. Limited capacity so advance booking highly recommended.
- Yoga mats will be provided. This is a meditation-based practice and will involve a lot of sitting – so please bring cushions or blankets along if needed for your own comfort.
- We recommend wearing comfortable & loose clothing. No changing facilities on site.
Location: Hauser & Wirth, 23 Savile Row, Mayfair, London W1S 2ET
Arrival 6.15pm, and the class will begin promptly at 6.30pm, running for 45 mins.
Latecomers may not be admitted to avoid disturbing others.
- This event is for those aged 18 and over.
- No experience necessary but it is your responsibility to determine, through obtaining appropriate medical advice, that you are fit and well to take part in the event. Before commencing any exercise regime, you should consult your doctor.
- Guests who are pregnant must advise the teacher and be aware that if they are in the first trimester, they may not be able to take class. This is entirely at the individual teacher’s discretion. If the teacher agrees to you participating in class, this is at your own risk.
- Please note that photography and filming may take place during this event for the artists archive, but these images may also be used for marketing purposes. If you have any concerns about being filmed, please speak to a member of staff at the event.
- The gallery reserves the right to make any necessary changes to the event as required, such as adjusting the locations, timings or content of the activities. This is to ensure that we deliver a safe and excellent experience for all guests at all times.