Hauser & Wirth New York, 18th Street
The position requires in-depth experience in artist relations. The Artist Liaison will be expected to effectively communicate, be diplomatic and articulate, and be a problem solver. The Artist Liaison is expected to plan, communicate and act independently and collaboratively, as projects require.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
In conjunction with the Sales Director:
- Manage the relationship and act as the artist liaison between the gallery and the artist or artists’ studio
- Manage all the artists’ related matters, including but not limited to, internal and external exhibitions, publications, press, research, logistics and other.
- Manage, coordinate and communicate all commissions and consignments for the artists.
- Responsible for the content of artists’ bio, bibliography, press information, press requests, advertisements, catalogues, invitations, sales books at fairs and other artist related documentation and information.
- Responsible for artist’s related archives, the library and the content on our website.
- Ensure all information in database is up-to-date and accurate.
- Facilitate productions, set up and monitor production budget.
- Oversee and manage the cost control process for artist related exhibitions/projects.
- Facilitate artists’ productions, set up and monitor production budget and timeline.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an art gallery
- Extensive knowledge of artist relations
- In-depth experience of artist productions
- 5 day work week, with overtime as required
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and follow instructions
Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position begins immediately
Internship, Registrar Department (Paid, fixed-term contract)
Hauser & Wirth London
London, United Kingdom
An internship at Hauser & Wirth London is full-time for a period of six months. The next position will be available from mid-February until mid-August 2016. Primarily you will be dedicated to the Registrar Department, but will be called upon for general gallery assistance as necessary. You will be assigned a range of tasks that ensure you gain an understanding of how Hauser & Wirth operates.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Support the Registrar department with documentation of works of art, shipments, customs paperwork and condition reports
- Assist with the movement and coordination of artworks for exhibitions, loans and art fairs
- Undertake regular stock takes of works of art
- General gallery duties may include assistance with mailouts, Front Desk support, archiving, post, and private views
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organised with an ability to prioritise
- Computer literate
- Candidate should be meticulous with attention to detail, especially relating to data entry and storage of information
- Proactive attitude
Please submit your CV and references with a brief cover letter / email to:
Hauser & Wirth London