Hauser & Wirth New York
Hauser & Wirth is seeking a qualified candidate to join the Research department in New York.
Candidates must have a Masters degree in Art History or Curatorial Studies. A minimum of 3-5 years of experience is required, preferably in a gallery or auction house. A demonstrated ability to write contextual texts, as well as experience researching artworks is a must. This role will work closely with the Partners of the gallery and the Head of Research.
The role will include, but is not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- In-depth research on both individual works of art as well as specific artists, summarizing findings in written reports
- Research and document provenance, exhibitions, and literature histories for secondary market art works
- Writing short academic texts on works of art or exhibitions
- Price analysis and general art market research
- Liaising with auction houses
- Monitoring the secondary market activities of specific artists
- Preparing offers and sales documentation
- Maintaining the extensive physical archive and book library
- Oversee stock of publications; coordinate logistics of publication mailouts
The successful candidate will have a mixture of the following attributes:
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to articulate views clearly and confidently
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills
- Familiarity with the art market
- Proven track record of working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to organize, prioritize and communicate with a range of staff at all levels
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Proven computer skills in most MS Office and Adobe CS applications, and experience using collection management databases
- Knowledge of foreign languages (especially German) would be a bonus
Only candidates that meet the above requirements and criteria will be reviewed.
Send cover letter, resumé, and a writing sample (no more than 1,000 words) to: email@example.com
Hauser & Wirth Zürich
Hauser & Wirth zählt international zu den bedeutendsten Galerien für zeitgenössische Kunst. Für unser Team von Registraren im Raum Wil (SG) suchen wir einen erfahrenen.
Ihre Aufgaben beinhalten:
- Pflege der Werkdaten in der Datenbank
- Zustandsprüfung von Kunstwerken, Erstellen von Zustandsberichten
- Zusammenarbeit mit Restauratoren
- Überwachung von Aus- und Anlieferungen von Kunstwerken in Zusammenarbeit mit Logistikabteilung.
- Erstellung und Verwaltung von Zertifikaten
- Erstellen von Manuals
- Inventur der Kunstwerke
- Leihverkehr, inkl. Verträge, Versicherungen und Zustandsberichte
- Erstellen von Kommissionsverträgen
- Organisation und Durchführung von Ausstellungsauf- und –abbauten, sowie Messen in Zusammenarbeit mit dem Techniker Team
- Mithilfe bei der Vorbereitung von Kunsttransporten
- Auslieferungen und Installationen von Kunstgegenständen
Für diese Tätigkeit bringen Sie folgende Eigenschaften mit:
- Abgeschlossene Ausbildung oder Studium
- Mehrjährige Erfahrung im Galerien- oder Museumsbereich als Registrar
- Sehr gute Deutsch- und Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift
- Erfahrung in Projektleitung und Ausstellungsorganisation
- Gute Computerkenntnisse
- Führerausweis (Kat. B)
- Freundliches und gepflegtes Auftreten
- Sie sind teamorientiert, kommunikativ und haben Freude am Umgang mit
Sie legen Wert auf Präzision, arbeiten ausgesprochen sorgfältig und zuverlässig, haben hohe Qualitätsvorstellungen, sind flexibel und behalten auch in hektischen Situationen den Überblick. Eine rasche Auffassungsgabe und die Fähigkeit, selbständig und strukturiert zu arbeiten, ergänzen das Anforderungsprofil.
Falls wir Ihr Interesse geweckt haben und Sie diesem Anforderungsprofil entsprechen, sende Sie uns bitte Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen inkl. Foto und Referenzen per E-Mail.
Wir bieten eine interessante und abwechslungsreiche Aufgaben in einem dynamischen internationalen Umfeld an und freuen uns auf Ihre vollständigen Bewerbungsunterlagen.
Hauser & Wirth
Executive Director HR
Director of Operations
Hauser & Wirth London
Based in our London gallery and reporting to the Group Chief Operating Officer, we require an experienced, flexible and hands-on Director of Operations, working in a highly successful and prestigious world-class organisation.
Main responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Responsible for overall coordination of Hauser & Wirth’s gallery activities and activities at other related sites and locations in the UK, in close collaboration with Senior Directors, ensuring efficient day-to-day operations.
- Coaching and managing of all direct reports, including performance reviews.
- Overseeing workload and processes, enhancing workflow where appropriate, in collaboration with the Global Handling Director.
- Managing cost controls and budgets, overseeing shipping, storage and staffing costs.
- Organising and preparing weekly meetings with gallery staff.
- Liaising between presidents, directors and all internal staff in London and Somerset.
- Ensuring that clear roles, responsibilities and processes are in place, in close collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer.
- All day-to-day operations of the facilities at the London gallery and related UK sites including maintenance, utilities, security, etc.
- Responsible for Health & Safety, including risk assessment, method statements, PAT testing and training for staff on fire procedures.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in similarly-sized organisation, ideally with some international exposure.
- Minimum of 5 years experience at Director level having responsibility for Operations within the art world.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness, operational management and implementation of best practices.
- Demonstrable leadership and vision for managing staff, major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrable commitment to professional ethical standards.
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced and diverse working environment.
Starting no later than 1 December 2016.
Salary dependent on experience
Please submit your CV and cover letter by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hauser & Wirth New York
The position requires extensive experience in fine art handling. The art handler will be expected to primarily manage large-scale international projects related to a specific artist. The art handler also is expected to properly install, pack and transport a wide range of different types of artworks. The art handler is expected to plan, communicate and act independently and collaboratively as the projects require.
Main Tasks: Duties include but are not limited to:
Project Manage large-scale installations related to a specific artist as well as general New York day-to-day activities related to:
- Internal exhibitions
- Art fairs
- External installations
- Showroom activities in the gallery & offices
- Deliveries to clients / institutions
- Communication with Artist Studio and internal Hauser & Wirth team
As needed also support Registrars with:
- Artwork deliveries to clients
- Internal shipments between New York – Zurich – London – Los Angeles
- The compilation of manuals and condition reports
- The organisation of framing of artworks
- In-house and external photography
- The storage of artworks internally, at our warehouse and other 3rd party locations
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in art handling, preferably in an art gallery
- Experience working within a company structure
- Extensive knowledge of fine art logistics (shipping, handling, packing and storage)
- In-depth knowledge of various materials and techniques
- Tuesday – Saturday 5 day work week, with overtime requirements during installation and project periods
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and follow instructions
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects as required
- Ability to travel for long periods of time required
- Valid driver’s license
Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com
Position begins immediately
Communications Intern (Paid, 6 month full-time, fixed-term contract)
Hauser & Wirth London
Based in our London gallery, we are looking for a highly motivated Communications Intern. Reporting to the Director of Communications, we are seeking someone with the desire to become a communications professional to join the global press team, working in a highly successful and prestigious world-class organisation.
You will be principally dedicated to the Communications department, but will be called upon for general gallery assistance as necessary. You will be assigned a range of tasks that ensure you gain an understanding of how Hauser & Wirth operates, with a focus on PR and marketing.
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Prepare and distribute press images and PR information
- Contribute to social media campaign planning
- Use InDesign to create exhibition-related printed material and information packs for artists and gallery projects
- Maintain and update press mailing lists
- Proofread quarterly magazine, online content and other written materials
- Obtain all hard copy press coverage
- Organise and maintain the press archive
- Prepare, update and circulate press cuttings for all locations
- Organise and catalogue the digital archive
- Assist with incoming image requests
The successful candidate will have:
- Fluent in English (ability in German language is an advantage)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organised with an ability to prioritise
- Computer literate (experience with Photoshop and InDesign essential)
- Candidate should be meticulous with attention to detail, especially relating to proofreading
- Proactive attitude
- Background in a commercial gallery / arts PR agency
Starting 28 November 2016
Please submit your CV and references with a brief cover letter / email to:
Raphaele Varley, Communications Manager
Hauser & Wirth
23 Savile Row, London, W1S 2ET
Tel: +44 207 255 8986